Friday, January 2, 2015

The first wait ...

She is now fully in their hands, and His. 

The OR is booked for her until 12:30. So, I'm sitting at Starbucks, avoiding cafeteria food. I've got my triple grande vanilla latte and a whole wheat bagel w/ cream cheese. I could use something a little stronger though I think ... Wonder if any bars are open this early within walking distance :-P. 

I call this the first wait, because when the surgeons are done, we start the second wait ... pathology. That's the longer and more stressful wait. That's the one that really has Steph worried. Pray that once she gets through today, the good Lord will have seen fit to fully remove this from our lives so that we can enjoy a long and happy life with Stephanie. 


6 comments:

  1. Dearest Paul,
    We have been praying for Stephanie and will continue to do so and for all of you. We love you all so very much.
    Sandra and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you and praying for Stephanie. I will have relentless faith that she will pull out of this just fine. All my love, Stacey Boal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul and Stephanie, You are in my thoughts and prayers today. Love and Hugs to you both. Belinda George (Houston, TX)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you have my complete support as far as drinking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul, you, Stephanie and kid's are in our prayers. I can identify with the two "waits". Went through it myself a few years ago. Give our love to Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul - can you please give out an address to which we can send cards? Thanks

    ReplyDelete