Monday, April 11, 2016

Post 10 months

I made it through month 10 fairly easily. It was during Holy Week and by Easter I was toast, but I slept for two days afterward. 

I declared to my Bible Study last week that I am no longer sick. I feel so good. I'm exercising more than ever. I have strength and energy and enthusiasm. I have no signs of being sick. I feel that since they removed 100% of my rumor that there is no reason to focus on it anymore. I still have two more months of chemo but they will be at the lower dose and then I will officially say goodbye to the past year and a half.  

I feel that at this point that the majority of my deficits have cleared. I only very occasionally bump into things on my left. I began driving on the highway again occasionally.  I don't feel dizzy or nearly as much confusion. I have not needed to lie down in the afternoon any longer. 

These deficits are results of surgery, the tumor and the treatment. They will always be a part of my life, but the stronger I feel, the more my body can compensate and the less present they are. 

The statistics and data and prognosis will always linger in my thoughts but I believe they will increasingly be more remote thoughts. Treatment is the real thing that keeps it all forefront in my mind and when that is over and I regain all of my energy I am sure I will only look forward. 

So, if you were to look at my life and spend time with me, you would agree that I am not sick. 

If or when the tumor returns, I'm sure I'll revisit some of the fears of this journey but for now I will live a life of freedom and joy!!


2 comments:

  1. It is so amazing to hear you say these words, and I'm sure it must feel even more amazing to be able to say them!! You are a blessing to so many and your faith is a powerful force. Sending you and your family much much love, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Steph! We are so happy for you and will join you in looking forward <3

    ReplyDelete