Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Camp friends!



Two weeks ago I had a lovely visit from a long time friend.  AJ and I met somewhere around 12 years ago.  We circled with many of the same friends through Camp Mensch Mill.  AJ was a counselor there in the summer while I primarily helped during the school year with teens.  We did end up going on several summer vacations together to our friend Amy's family home in Hilton Head.  On those long drives and those amazing and fun weeks we learned so much about each other!  AJ and I have always had a knack for wearing the same clothes and liking the same things.  One amazing thing about this crew of friends is that we have all gone very different directions in life and to different places in the country but we all make a huge effort to invest in our friendships and we manage to see each other at least once, sometimes several times a year.  AJ lives in Providence, RI now with her two beautiful girls and awesome husband.

When she mentioned she wanted to come out for a visit I was thrilled.  Quickly I realized that we had never had a sleep over with just her and I! We have always been in groups and with other people and so I was even more excited for the one on one time.

AJ was here for the second to last week of treatment and so she was a huge help driving me to my appointments and helping to get to the kids to activities.  We enjoyed a nice stroll by the Elliot bay with an orange peel latte, amazing food at Revel, we tasted chocolate at Theo and of course had Molly Moon's ice cream. We took
A little drive on her last day to Bellingham to see a water and mountain view. It turned out to be cloudy and rainy there but the drive was beautiful. 


The cool steps in Le chat noir in Bellingham. 

It was an awesome and low key week and I'm
So grateful for the friendship and the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment