Thursday, June 11, 2015

Round 2, Week 1

Well, this super woman completely underestimated the power of the giant word TOXIC on the front of my sealed meds.  I took the first dose of chemo Monday night and went to sleep.  I felt a little sick in the morning but nothing big.  Around noon on Tuesday I couldn't stand up and went to sleep for most of the day.  

Wednesday was fairly similar.  Yesterday I was able to function a little bit better and today I had an okay morning but I'm about to head up for a nap.  There is a very heavy exhaustion that feels as though it is sitting on my shoulders.  

Paul keeps trying to tell me that I'm doing too much and perhaps I am.  However, I am filled with a combination of a list of things that have to be done.... my kids need to eat, they need clothes to wear, etc. and a desire to maintain as much normalcy as possible.  I believe that the routines of every day life are beneficial to me as well as to my family and so I think it's healing to be packing lunches and doing laundry.  It helps me to feel like I am contributing and that things are okay. 

It is also a great mental boost to know that it is only for 5 days at a time.  I do very well in sprint mode and so I can talk myself into 5 days without being overwhelmed.  

I also have been praising God again for God's perfect timing.  For this first round I'm home with Paul and the kids.  I'll be fully out of this round and then I'll be doing some traveling with the kids.  The second round won't start until well after the travels are over.  Those dates were picked without my input and so I'm grateful that our schedule can remain intact and that I won't go through any of the treatments alone.  


I'm slowly chipping away at the mountain of boxes and finding treasures and photos I haven't thought about in a while.  It is a good process to look at something you haven't seen in a year and take stock of whether or not it is important to keep.  If you haven't used it in a year......


No comments:

Post a Comment