Wednesday, September 16, 2015

falling in to place...

Ha ha... get it? falling? It's fall! Ok, I know that was really corny. In any case, we've had a few great weeks and it feels like we are all doing really well. I haven't been able to say that in a long while. This round seemed to affect me greatly during the 5 day pill cycle, but the following fatigue has not come on as it did in the past. For this little reprieve I am incredibly grateful. I've had energy to be outside, walk and run. I'm not crashing as much and I actually feel a little clearer. I'm enjoying a few extra days with the kids before school starts (on Thursday!) and I am making headway on the house. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers and encouragement. I feel really well loved and cared for. I also have great news to report that in random sections my hair is growing back! Most people don't know I lost any hair because of how I wear it in a ponytail, but a large section on the right side of my head was completely bald. In random little spots it is growing back in. It's patchy and interesting where it is growing, but this kind of new growth I'll welcome! I long for a day when I can wear my hair down again and maybe that will happen sometime but it isn't terrible the way it is. I hope you'll continue to join me praying for healing and keeping the tumor at bay, for my friend Bill who returned to the classroom teaching last week, and for my friend Jamie who had the seizures this year... her community is rallying around them and holding a 5K this weekend to raise money for brain tumor research. Enjoy your fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment