Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 2 82414

We were a little off with time changes today and the pigeons were squawking at 6AM.  I was up and out for some quiet time and soon enough Maeve joined me.  Once we were all awake Paul made pancakes and I swiftly fell back asleep!

It seemed like an incredibly long day, but it was a day with no car transportation and no electronics or tv for the kids -- something they desperately needed.

We took a walk down to the Seattle Public Market and got tons of fresh fruit and veggies (purple peppers, white champagne raspberries and more),


(I have no idea what this is)

lunch at a Mexican market vendor (YUM) and ice cream at the creamery -- hello black licorice ice cream! I'm in heaven here.



We walked back to the apartment to regroup and Paul took the kids over to the space needle while I unpacked our 8 suitcases and had some head clearing moments. I went for a long run along the Olympic Sculpture park and the Elliot Bay and was mesmerized by the views.







We managed quite well to put everything away in our 800 sq. ft. place and it's kind of nice to be so close.  The coffee table is filled with ponies and animals, puzzles and trains and it's nice to be in the mix together.



Some leftover salmon and organic chicken nuggets for dinner and everyone was tucked quietly in to bed.

Night.



No comments:

Post a Comment