Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thursday 82814 Discovery Park



Today we drove out to Discovery Park which is an old naval base that is now a park. I thought the kids and I could hike to the beach and have a picnic. We hiked for a while and enjoyed some familiar berries along the way. 


We got to a place where we could see the water bit we were on a cliff and couldn't figure out how to get down!

We stopped and are lunch and I thought it was best to turn back. Noah insisted we keep trying and so we did. We found a path down the cliff with hundreds of steps and I was really worried about getting the kids back up!

When we got down to the beach it was really cool. It was full of tons of driftwood and am insane amount sea life. Noah quickly made some friends and they started digging for crabs together. 





There were snails, sea anemone, crabs, fish, ghost jellyfish, sea urchins and many other interesting things!

I spent some time chatting with the nanny of the other children and she offered to give us a ride back to our car (I think that was the best part of the day!)

Here's the map...we parked from the East lot to the red dot. The papers I read said only people with disabilities could drive to the beach. Apparently children under 8 count! I'll remember that next time!


Then we stopped at the famous Molly Moons ice cream on the way home. Everything there is all natural so the sprinkles are naturally dyed and the whipped cream is fresh. We even watched then making the waffle cones right there. I had Earl grey and nectarine blondie. It was great!

Oh and there aren't any trashcans!! Everything can be composted. Bowls and spoons too!

1 comment: