Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Jesus Calling

One of my favorite devotions is called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  It is written as a first person conversation between Jesus and the reader.  It's always amazing to read and see how relevant the words are every day.  My first day back from PA the following devotion was waiting for me.   I wanted to write it down to remember to return to it over and over:

Follow me one step at a time.  That is all I require of you.  In fact, it is the only way to move through this time.  You see huge mountains looming and you start wondering how you're going to scale those heights.  Meanwhile, because you're not looking where you're going, you stumble on the esy path where I am leading you now.  As I help you get back on your feet, you tell me how worried you are about the cliffs up ahead.  But you dont know what will happen today, much less tomorrow.  Our path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains.  There may be an easier way up the mountains than is visible from this distance.  If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will equip you thoroughly for that strenuous climb.... I will preserve you...  Keep your mind on the preesnt journey... trust me to open the way before you.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! We love you so much and are praying for you all the time.

    ReplyDelete