Saturday, February 28, 2015

Ready, Set, Not Yet


I feel like I'm spending a lot of time preparing for this next phase to start!  I imagined that I would return to Seattle in January and then start radiation immediately.  It's been well over a month that we've been back and I still don't have a start date.  I called again today and they said they are in about stage 5 of my planning for radiation and there are about 5 more stages.  I don't know what that means, but they said they would call back next Tuesday.  We are trying to plan out rides and time frames and spring break and visitors and instead we are going to hurry up and sit still.

I bought a few hats, some from Amazon, some from the American Cancer society (I thought they might be softer and I figure they know what they are doing!).  I'm trying to squeeze in one last hair cut, but I don't know who to trust with a giant scar and scab on my scalp.  I've got books ready, note cards ready, and I'm trying to hold off on my Downton Abbey episodes so if I'm in bed I can watch them, but for now, I'm just waiting!

The GREAT news is that the results from my MRI are in and my doc says it is a perfect scan that shows as if the tumor was fully resected.  There is no evidence of new growth or of any tumor activity.  The MRI I had on January 3rd shows a brain that was likely enlarged from surgery and still very swollen, so this time around they can see much more clearly.  I'll have another MRI after the 6 weeks of radiation and that will give them a baseline to measure against throughout the course of chemo.  I felt so thankful and so relieved for these results!

No comments:

Post a Comment