Saturday, March 14, 2015

Will it hurt?

Paul and Noah are away at boy scout camp so Maeve and I have been enjoying a weekend of leisure. Late lunch at the diner, nail salons, and lots of snuggles, not to mention struggles with perler beads and my desire to organize an incessant amount of doll clothing.  Maeve lobbied hard for a super girl movie and double dessert.  I won the discussion about what to toss out of the overflowing craft closet.  Alas, two days of girl time are fabulous, but at bedtime tonight we were both really missing the guys.

Maeve was lamenting that she hasn't gotten a chance to go to the school guidance counselor as Noah has and that she has lots of questions.  I told her, as always, that she can ask me her questions.  She sat quietly for a long time and said, "well... I really only have one question.  Will the medicines hurt you?  I don't want anything to hurt you, ever." I went through the procedures and asked if she wanted to come with me one evening and she said that she did.  She is far from understanding long term effects or processing what might happen, but even so, she seemed placated that this round of medicine is short term and might not be much more than mommy's belly hurting or a little extra sleepiness.

So a few extra cuddles and some kisses placated her unrest.

1 comment: