Monday, October 20, 2014

Disney Cruise Travel Day 101014

We left Seattle on Friday at 1 to head to Miami for a Saturday departure.  It was a long trip but not too bad and we got in a little after midnight.  We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport which was an EXCELLENT choice.  The room was amazing with two queen beds, a living room area, a kitchenette and continental breakfast.  This was also the only hotel with free airport shuttle and a free shuttle to the cruise port.  It was $30 to have them give us a ride from the cruise terminal to the airport after the cruise which was also much cheaper than anywhere else (most places were charging at least $80).



The whole impetus for a Disney Cruise was that I didn't find Disney World itself all that enjoyable when we went.  It was hot, lines were long, kids were crying, food was expensive and I felt so overwhelmed and tired when we left.  I think the kids had a good experience and I do remember some very cool rides and experiences but it was so tiring it didn't feel like vacation.  I thought the kids would enjoy another Disney experience but I wanted a vacation too!  When I took the position at First Pres I said that I wanted to be able to do a Disney Cruise and so we booked it last January.  

Obviously we didn't forsee the events of the year and the dramatic changes moving us accross the country!  However, we loved the idea of being in the warm Carribbean and seeing Disney's private island and so we kept our plans intact even thought it meant traveling from one side of the country to the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment