Thursday, October 23, 2014

Goodbye Polo Run




This morning was settlement on our home in Pennsylvania.  While I am so relieved that we aren't paying a mortgage for a house we don't live in, it is obviously very bittersweet.  Polo Run was full of struggles from the beginning.... late settlement, unfinished projects, community drama, but it was also a house where I got to pick every finish and every rug and every paint color.  It lacked character and charm, for sure, but it was a blank canvas that kept waiting for us to make it our home.  We never hung up many of our favorite pieces of art, we never did any giant projects that we dreamed of and we never really put our stamp on it.  There was a huge part of me that wanted to leave Polo Run for a long time and yet it is still a little sad that it's gone.  With any home there are great memories... we had so many fun times with our friends, so many sleepovers with family and friends....  I will miss our giant Christmas tree, our gorgeous fireplace, the large island that everyone gathered around, the glorious sunsets, and the upstairs out of sight playroom.

One of my best friends visited early on when the house was built and looked right at me and said "this house is amazing, but it doesn't fit you at all."  I was surprised by her statement then, but I think she was right.

I love adventures.  I love new places.  I love culture and travel and great food and new people.  I'm excited for where we are, but I really will miss Polo Run.  I pray that the new family will fall in love with the house and fit right in to the neighborhood and that Polo Run will be full of warm memories for many many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment