Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter visit with mom and dad!

I was very excited to have my mom
and dad come to visit for Easter!

They arrived Thursday evening and got settled in. Friday during the day it was overcast and we headed to Pike Place market.  We got some chowder and crab roll and then it started to really rain! Mom
and I looked through some shops and we walked through the vendors but it was pretty damp and cold! We took the bus home and then they got to come with me to my treatment to see what it looks like and to meet my nurse and radiation oncologist. 

After my appointments we went to Ivars salmon house and it turned in to a clear evening with a beautiful view of the city from our table. 

Saturday we got up and went downtown to do a harbor cruise of Seattle. We got to learn a lot about the city including a view of a hotel where the Beatles used to fish from!  We watched porpoises swimming in the bay from the dock and just enjoyed the view. After the cruise I was very tired so Paul took me home while Noah and Maeve and my parents got to go to the Seattle Aquarium. We ate at home and relaxed Saturday evening. 

Sunday morning we got up for a small egg hunt and then headed to church. It was a beautiful sunny day. Our friends Doug and Lisa welcomed us into their home and made a great meal. The kids played and played. 

Monday the kids went to school and my radiation was moved to noon. We explored our neighborhood a little. My dad went with Noah and Paul to Boy Scouts Monday evening at Seward Park. While dad was sitting by Lake Washington, Mt Rainer came out and dad got to see the mountain in orange hues at sunset. 

Noah on Easter morning (these pics are just from my phone...I haven't downloaded from my camera yet)


Maeve and her new sewing kit working with Daddy. 

Morel mushrooms at the market. $40 a lb ! This picture is for my grandfather who loves Morels. 

The view behind us on the boat. 

Showing mom the city view at night. 

Tasting sea beans at the market. 

We convinced mom mom to play Just Dance. 

Dad enjoying the glass exhibit b

Tuesday we went to the Chiluly glass museum and enjoyed the amazing creations of this world renowned local artist. There was a glass blowing demonstration we got to see on a school trip too. 

Wednesday we finally headed up the space needle. We were trying to wait for a clear shot of Mt Rainierfor mom but the clouds kept hovering over the mountains. The view was still great but no Rainier! We ran around for some gifts and grabbed a nice dinner in Queen Anne. My treatment was moved to 7pm that night but it all worked out okay. We stopped by the Fremont troll on the way back home to get a quick shot!

We sat and talked on their last night but it all went too fast. Before I knew it it was time to say goodbye. They had a 5 am flight so Paul took them to the airport early. Their flight was delayed and so finally mom got to see the mountain from the airport!!!

They got home safe and sound to Philadelphia.  We all enjoyed our time together even though it was too short. Next time we will venture more into the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment