Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hope

A few months ago my friend Olivia shared this message about hope with me.  I never got around to listening to it until a few days ago because I wanted something to accompany me while I was painting.  So many of you came to my thoughts while I listened. How often we throw around the word hope in a trite and meaningless way... I hope you feel better, I hope things turn around for you, I hope you have a good day, but there is a lot of depth missing in our polite comments.  For me this summed up a whole lot of my feelings...  How my hope is not based in any way on my health.  How my joy is not dependent on the circumstances of today.   Hope is not fluffy and it is not light.  If you have a few minutes it will shape your day.  If not, tuck it away for when you need it like I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment