Saturday, January 16, 2016

7.1

Harder and harder it gets.  But I guess, in some ways easier.  

I started round 7 on Wednesday.  On Thursday I headed to the drug store to pick up some prescriptions.  I got confused and then really frustrated when the orders couldn't be filled yet.  I felt myself start to mentally collapse because I had walked to the drug store and I would have to come back again the next day.  As swiftly as I started to panic, I remembered that I'm taking chemotherapy drugs!!!  How funny is it that it was a relief!  I was able to check my feelings and balance them with a  little grace.  

Yesterday I made it until noon and then slept all day.  Walking up the steps was hard and took my breath away.  Today I couldn't stand.  A shower was exhausting and it felt as though a heavily weighted  X-ray blanket was pulling me down.  So, I am back in bed.  It's actually quite nice.  The kids and Paul are skiing and I can't do much so I actually sat and read, which I never do.  The nausea is still hanging on, but I'm coping.  I guess this is what people do when they relax? Sit in quiet, read, and nap.  Why haven't I tried this before?  

My next MRI will be February 4th.  

I'm continuing to pray for Dugan, Pete and Bill... my brain cancer buddies.  Please add them to your prayer list!

No comments:

Post a Comment