Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Rehab, Part 2

When I returned home from Christmas break I was amazed at how smoothly things had gone.  I felt great.  I didn't feel as though I had any significant episodes during the travel.  I had even forgotten about the rough patches before I went home and I was enjoying my days.

At my next appointment with the rehab doctor I told her how great things had been going and how I hadn't really had any forgetful moments (that I remember, ha ha). As we talked and looked through things I realized that the streak of unfortunate events happened in the 10 or so days of treatment/post treatment.

This was a huge relief to me!!!  It made complete sense.  As the chemo continues to build up in my system it gets harder and harder to function during the treatment.  It is a natural conclusion that my brain would slow down during this time and struggle to do ordinary things.

I feel more prepared to go into a another round with lower exceptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment