Sunday, September 7, 2014

Serious Biscuit Sunday 090714

We headed to Union Church again this morning and we were so warmly greeted.  They remembered us from last week and were happy to see us.  The church is absolutely packed with young families and babies everywhere.  I grabbed an iced caramel latte from their coffee bar (donation only and goes to the urban ministries!) and headed in.


 Grapes for the kids and so much great energy.  Today's worship service was focused on Creation and our part in God's story.  The concept was how we miss the whole story when we don't listen to one another and when we race through life.  When we race through God's story we miss so much of the fullness of what God has to offer.  So true... so true.

There was also a very moving blessing for teachers and students.  A history teacher came up and shared her story about how she knows God is using her to do kingdom work in her school and how unequipped she feels every day (I related to that!).  The pastor asked her how we can pray for her and for teachers when the news is always about statistics and testing and funding.  It was a really nice way to be in dialogue and prayer with teachers.

The benediction challenged us from the acronymn CLIMB ON to focus on C.  Find reasons to celebrate this week and have mini celebrations just because God is awesome and doing great things.  Love it.



It is REALLY hard for me to sit there.  When I took my year off a few years ago I knew that God wanted me to have at time of sabbath.  That is not how I feel right now.  I wasn't ready to leave First Pres. and I am still aching to do ministry, but I am very aware of how much work is involved in getting our family settled and how much I want the freedom to travel and explore.  Paul keeps joking about how long it will take me to "out" myself to the pastors.  We'll see!!!!

After church we had a great lunch at a Seattle favorite called Serious Biscuit where they will serve just about anything on a biscuit.

They have this pig out front.


While we waited we read the Sunday funnies. One comic had kids asking the age old question "where do babies come from?" And the parents answered "Amazon" to which the kid says "that makes sense!"




Lunch was delish. Paul had some crazy Bloody Mary with chile infused vodka and hot peppers and olives - yuck.


Check out this menu!




After lunch we headed to the bungalow to keep getting it ready for moving day.  Painting the kids rooms is almost done.  We're still on the hunt for cheap blinds!

Sitting here on a Sunday evening thinking and praying about the week ahead, I really want to take the big C to heart.  In the midst of moving trucks and tiny houses I hope and pray I can celebrate lots because I have lots to celebrate.  Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment