Friday, September 26, 2014

Zoo Day 092414

Once a month the kids have an early dismissal and so I opted to head to the zoo and let the kids each take a friend.  It was a tad bit chaotic but I don't think they noticed...

(mind you... the zoo is 10 minutes away)

We arrived and right away there was an offering to make Elephant Poo Paper!  The kids had the chance to take elephant poo that had been sanitized and mix it with recycled zoo maps to make a new paper.  It was a very cool activity.




After that we walked around the zoo and enjoyed.





We came to my favorite animal, the orangutan and they were almost trained to interact.  When we came close they pointed to my purse and begged me to open it and kept pointing for more.  When Noah pulled out money they did a little dance!  It was wild and I've never seen anything like it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment