Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day seven

Doing a little better. She had breakfast and went down for PT. She had to take a cognitive test from the occupational therapist which she scored a 22 out of 30. It is an ok score considering, but a 26 is considered normal. The areas she needs a little work on where recollective memory and drawing/patterns. She would kill me if I said this, but I think she might have always had problems with those areas :-). 

We just finished walking the furthest she's walked since she's been here. The PT went to get some steps to practice on as well. He said he told the docs that they have his blessing for a discharge!!!  Now it is just up to the docs to clear her medically!!

Oh, and she gave me permission to post a pic of here incision:


2 comments:

  1. Woah...that's quite an incision. I kind of wanted to see it on Sunday, but thought I should refrain so thanks for posting it! I think she deserves a higher score. I am also not so great with recollective memory (I lose stuff all the time). So glad you get to leave U Penn and she gets to continue recovering in a quiter place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Paul, that incision was a flashback from Melrose Place, but you are probably too young to remember that. God Bless. Many continued prayers and so happy Steph is being discharged. Thank you again for your updates. They are so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete